Checking for errors without messages.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7777] Checking for errors without messages.
- From: Gadi Oron <oron at manet.pmmh.espci.fr>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:40:57 -0400
- Organization: Acces regional Ile-de-France (Univ. Paris VI/VII) - France
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi there, I need, once again, your help : I have a function that does a calculation that might be infinity, and I would like to catch that error in order to return something else to the calling function, well that's easy using Check. The problem is that I continue to get the messages on the screen and I would like to eliminate them. But using Off[message] before the Check also deactivates the Check! (Check only treats messages that are displayed). How can I deactivate the messages and still catch the errors, or must I suffer 2 pages of errors any time I use this function?? Thank you for your attention. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/>> Gadi ORON <<\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ | EMAIL : oron at pmmh.espci.fr :::: oron at clipper.ens.fr | | Homepage : http://pmmh.espci.fr/~oron/personal.html | | fido : 2:325/302.8 | | Soyez braves - be brave. | /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/