Re: Using the Table command with the Plot command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7612] Re: Using the Table command with the Plot command
  • From: "Paul R. Wellin" <wellin>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:53:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Keith S. Mersman wrote:

> I'm trying to generate a series of plots using the Table command.
> However, when I try to use the iterator (t) in conjuction with the
> PlotLabel command, it doesn't work.  The PlotLabel command can't be
> iterated.  Is there anyone who knows what I can do, instead of doing
> all
> of the plots individually?

Keith,
The following will generate 3 plots, with PlotLabels that
read "This is plot 1", "This is plot 2", etc.

In[1]:= Do[Plot[x^n, {x,-2,2},
	       PlotLabel -> StringForm["This is plot `1`", n]],
	  {n, 1, 3}]

You can place formatted expressions inside strings using StringForm.
The control sequence `1` allows you to embed printed forms of
expressions
in text strings.

Hope this helps.

--
Paul R. Wellin
Director of Corporate and Academic Affairs
wellin at wolfram.com