Long multiplication?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg6486] Long multiplication?
  • From: dendzik at (Zbigniew Dendzik)
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:38:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear Mathgroup,

The trace of the computation (^C then t) sometimes displays "long
multiplication" or "long division" operation among regular ones (like
Power[] or Times[]), when performing numerical integration or finding

I have checked Wolfram's Mma book as well as Maeder's "Programming in Mma"
but I have not found any information whether "long multiplication" indicates
extended precision or overflow error or maybe something else?

Any help will be appreciated. Please Cc replay to my E-address (below).

--Zbigniew Dendzik
dendzik at