- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6486] Long multiplication?
- From: dendzik at usctoux1.cto.us.edu.pl (Zbigniew Dendzik)
- Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:38:35 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Silesian University, Katowice, Poland
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear Mathgroup, The trace of the computation (^C then t) sometimes displays "long multiplication" or "long division" operation among regular ones (like Power or Times), when performing numerical integration or finding extremum. I have checked Wolfram's Mma book as well as Maeder's "Programming in Mma" but I have not found any information whether "long multiplication" indicates extended precision or overflow error or maybe something else? Any help will be appreciated. Please Cc replay to my E-address (below). --Zbigniew Dendzik dendzik at us.edu.pl