Communication

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6295] Communication
  • From: rmj at leland.Stanford.EDU (Roger M. Jones)
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 00:26:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am running mathematica 3.0 on NT 4.0 & am trying to connect
to an external kernel of mathematica 3.0 on a Sun machine
outside of our local network.  It appears to connect without
complaint but then just hangs.  Anyone had this experience
and if so what was the cure?  (i.e. is there perhaps some
low-level mathlink procedure one can use to debug the launching of the kernel)

However, I have succeeded in launching the kernel within the local network
(where the RISC machine at present are running mathematica 2.2).

Many thanks,

-Roger Jones

--
Regards,