- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6292] Competition
- From: "David Carraher" <David_Carraher at TERC.edu>
- Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 00:26:13 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Subject: [mg6292] Time: 12:29 PM OFFICE MEMO Competition Date: 3/6/97 Here's a suggestion: why doesn't MathGroup or some other organization, possibly with Wolfram Research's support, promote a yearly programming competition that pits teams from around the country against each other in real-time programming skills? Microsoft has been supporting such an event for C++ and Pascal for several years now with considerable success. The event would surely help Mathematica to be known as a general programming language. Results of winners, including their programs could be posted on the web to encourage greater numbers of submissions in subsequent years.