Byte-files only partially loaded
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6288] Byte-files only partially loaded
- From: Sander Goudman <s.goudman at fys.ruu.nl>
- Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 00:26:08 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Physics and Astronomy, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
When I try to read a file containing Bytes, using:
While[ (a=Read[stream,Byte]) =!= EndOfFile,
Mathematica sometimes reads only a small part of data. Somehow an
EndOfFile is generated in the middle of the data. This behaviour is
file-dependent: it reads the same file always in the same way, totally
or partially, and if partially always the same part. I have tried
comparing datafiles that are fully read and that are partially, but they
both just contain bytes that cannot be mistaken for an EndOfFile. The
does exactly the same things wrong.
Somebody please help me!
Sander Goudman, Holland
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Upvalues related to "Times"
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Byte-files only partially loaded