Re: Complete Factorization?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7148] Re: [mg7128] Complete Factorization?
- From: Lou Talman <me at talmanl.mscd.edu>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 01:57:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Thomas Skipper wrote: > Does anyone know why MMA would not be able to completely factor this: > 2xy-4y^2? > MMA will only factor out the 2, not the reamaining y, and consistently > leaves only 2(xy-2y^2) My guess is that you left out the space between the "x" and the "y" when you entered "2 x y". --Lou Talman