Re: Is Mathematica on a PC Too Slow?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7210] Re: Is Mathematica on a PC Too Slow?
- From: stephenbou at aol.com (StephenBou)
- Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 02:30:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
<<I think timing[10001!][] will take about 100 seconds on a IIcx Todays machines are below 1 sec. Power Tower Pro 225: 0.783 sec Pentium pro 200(linux): 1.04 sec Karl U. >> Yep, I get 0.8 sec on my Power Tower Pro 225 for that factorial operation. How do you get the 3 digits of accuracy on the Timing? Stephen Boulet stephenbou at aol.com