How to clear all definitions?

I play around with the definitions of functions a lot and I've learned
that every time I change something, I better save the file, close mma
and restart it.  Otherwise, mma gives rediculous answers sometimes and
I never know what mode I'm in.

Question: is there some simple command which clears all definitions
and saves me from the close/restart routine?

Thanks for any clues, Rob