Re: Re: Copy-protection
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7236] Re: [mg7206] Re: Copy-protection
- From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 19:13:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> > I don't know if I understand your problem, but why don't you just install > it on the notebook from your CD. A CD is write-only so your ID that worked > on your PC works also on your Notebook. At least, that's why I did, and it > worked for me. > > Armin Gerritsen There are at least two versions of the copy protection out. If you were first in line for Mma 3.0 and got 126.96.36.199, then you got a machine specific copy protection. If you bought one a little later and got 188.8.131.52, you got a generic password. I only know this because I bought two licenses. By the way, you just admitted to several hundred people (including many Wolfram employees) that you violated your software license.