Printing difficulties in 3.0.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9433] Printing difficulties in 3.0.0
  • From: Ben Johnson <bdjohns1 at students.uiuc.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 01:56:47 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

All right, here's a problem I've been repeatedly running into -

I'm running 3.0.0 for Students on a Windows95 system.  I'm connected to
a HP LaserJet 4Si over a LAN.  Every time I attempt to print a
notebook,  the "calculating page breaks" dialog pops up, it starts
working away, and  locks up cold somewhere around 80-90% complete.  I
can't use Alt-. to  abort, so I have to give Mathematica the old
Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut it  down.  I've tried printing to a file...no
dice.  I've even tried  exporting a TeX file to print on a Unix system.
The TeX processor locks  up too.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?  If you do, cc: the message to
the  e-mail address below, as I don't frequently read the newsgroup.

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Johnson
University of Illinois