Re: LaTeX Save?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9600] Re: LaTeX Save?
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:24:11 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Daniel Warren wrote:

> I have asked Mathematica Tech Support if there was a TeXSave will ever
> output LaTex2e compliant tex (and if the associated notebook.sty would
> be  updated to a LaTeX document class) and was told that such a thing
> was not  in the works.  Frankly, the present output from TeXSave needs
> a lot of  editing before it will even typeset, and the output is pretty
> lousy.
>
> I am pretty peaved that an advertised feature of Mathematica is not
> functional, and apparently not supported.  TeX output is one arguement
> I used on my boss (who wanted another system).  Now I look pretty foolish.
>
> My question:  Is there a way to edit the TeXSave code?  If I will be
> writting my own LaTeX option, I would prefer not to have to start from
> scratch.  Has anyone done this already?

Support for LaTeX2e has been in the works for some time now.

If anyone is interested in getting the necessary packages to  customize
TeXSave to their needs, or if anyone is having troubles with TeXSave
and is trying to get updated sources, please  do not hesistate to
contact me.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram