follow-up to headers and footers again question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9631] follow-up to headers and footers again question
  • From: Sean Ross <seanross at worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 21:40:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

After investigating in the options inspector I have found that the
options I select are displayed only when the option inspector displays
global options, not notebook options.  In other words, I open the
options inspector and open the appropriate submenus to look at the
PageHeaders option.  When I select global options in the white drop
down box at the top of the options inspector window, then the options I
have saved and selected are displayed.  However, when I select notebook
options, then the default options are displayed.  This is only true of
the "Untitled-1.nb" notebooks.  Default.nb shows the same options
either way.  It is as if the new notebooks are created with some kind
of private style sheet that I have no knowledge of and can't get rid of
rather than being created with the global style sheet.