Re: How to remove an option?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9681] Re: [mg9646] How to remove an option?
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 01:31:18 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Patrice Tréton wrote:

> How can I remove an option; that is how can I remove it from the
> notebook ?
> I found nothing like DeleteOption or RemoveOption. If there is no such
> function, how can I set an option to the default value?
>
> Thanks for any hit or answer.
>
>             Patrice.

Actually, there is something quite a bit like DeleteOption.  It is
SetOptions.

Think, though, about what you are asking.  What exactly do you mean by
"delete" an option?  If I "delete" the headers and footers option,
doesn't that mean that I don't want any headers and footers?  So what I
really want to do is set the value of the headers and footers to None.
Removing even the possibility of a certain option from a notebook
sounds like you want to reprogram the front end.  If you are that good
of a programmer and have the time to rewrite the mathematica front
end-please fix the other bugs while you are at it and send me a copy.

 There is also a manual way to set the values of options to a
notebook-the options inspector, which is essentially a macro for
running a SetOptions command.

--
Remove the _nospam_ in the return address to respond.