question about format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9028] question about format
  • From: Vanessa Portioli Rolnik <vanessa at icmsc.sc.usp.br>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 00:05:26 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello all,

I have a question.
My program give me a PDE, any PDE.
For example, if I have the second ordem wave equation, it will be
write by:

u^(0,2)+a*u^(2,0)=0 ,

where, u=u(x,t)

I would like to replace this notation by a more usual notation

@^2 u     @^2 u
@ t^2     @ x^2

 where @ = 'del'

Does someone know if exist any package that do this formatation or have
any idea how I can do this?

Please, send anwsers to vanessa at icmsc.sc.usp.br

 Thank you,

        Vanessa