Style options with GridLines

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9107] Style options with GridLines
  • From: Sean Ross <seanross at worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 23:33:20 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

For what it is worth--
I was attempting to get gridlines to display with a thickness of my
choosing and discovered that the style option for gridlines doesn't seem
to work unless a color or graylevel option is chosen as well.  For
example:

Plot[x Sin[x],{x,0,6},
  GridLines->{{{1,{Thickness[.01],GrayLevel[0]}},2,3},None}]

Produces a black gridline of thickness .01 at x=1 and default gridlines
at x=2 and 3, while

Plot[x Sin[x],{x,0,6},
  GridLines->{{{1,{Thickness[.01]}},2,3},None}]

Produces a black gridline of default thickness at x=1 and default
gridlines at x=2 and 3.

Since the style options are not documented for GridLines, but the reader
is told that they are "similar" to Ticks, I thought I would pass this
on. -Sean