Integrating piecewise functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg9104] Integrating piecewise functions
- From: Al Arduengo <exal at texas.net>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 23:33:18 -0400
- Organization: UTSA EE
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a somewhat newbie question. I am studying Information Theory and
Coding and am currently working on matched filters and their response.
Typically, we are given piecewise functions such as:
a matched filter would be:
The response is, of course, the convolution of x[t] and h[t] which is:
My question is, is there a way to symbolically evaluate this integral in
MMa 3.0? I have tried several approaches, but always end up with the
integral itself as the result. Anyone have experience with this? Help
would be appreciated.
Prev by Date:
Re: automated notebook creation?
Next by Date:
Re: MathLink, MS Visual C++ 5.0: running in debugger
Previous by thread:
Re: Font Problem with Mathematica v3.0
Next by thread:
announcement: new Plane Tiling package