Re: MathLink, MS Visual C++ 5.0: running in debugger

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9085] Re: [mg9040] MathLink, MS Visual C++ 5.0: running in debugger
  • From: jpk at max.mpae.gwdg.de
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 23:33:02 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Ray,

I don't work with Vi$ula C++ from Micro$oft.  But with Mathlink 3.0
the following will with Borland C

a) start Your Mathlink client with
   td32 mymlprog -linkcreate

b)  Set breakpoints in the function You want to debug.
    execute mymlprog in the debugger until the message box
    with the link name appears say the link is "1234 at nthost".

c) In your Mathematica session do

   link=Install[LinkConnect["1234 at nthost"]]

   and call the function from Mma

   DoAnyCalculation[1,2,3]

d) thanks to the breakpoint the debugger stops and when Your function
   is called and You can look for the errors.

Hope that helps.

Jens