Re: How assume symbol integer?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8916] Re: [mg8853] How assume symbol integer?
- From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 22:57:11 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Murray Eisenberg wrote: > > I want to make an assignment T = k/omega and somehow cause Mathematica > to know that k is an integer. How do I do this? > > -- > Murray Eisenberg Internet: murray at math.umass.edu > Mathematics & Statistics Dept. Voice: 413-545-2859 (W) > University of Massachusetts 413-549-1020 (H) > Amherst, MA 01003 Fax: 413-545-1801 If you find out, let me know. In my opinion, the two single largest weaknesses of mathematica as a programming language is 1) no type declarations and 2) Compile doesn't work on lists.