Display Error in 3.0.1 - HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9121] Display Error in 3.0.1 - HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!
  • From: I.Humphrey at sct.gu.edu.au (Ian Humphrey)
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 23:33:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
A frequent problem I have had with 3.0.1 is a formatting error when re-opening
a file.

It will complain that the line length is too long, and display a small
fraction of each cell.  After some initial panic and cursing, I realised that
the information still apparently exists in the file, but that mathematica is
unable to show it, in spite of the fact that it displayed perfectly normally
when last saved.

Those files affected are more "word processing" documents than active
documents, and have involved working at 125 to 150% magnification and
formatting equations large enough to be easily seen, with alt-3 alt-4 etc.

Can anyone tell me how to fix the file so that Mma can display the contents?

I will be eternally grateful to whoever can help me!  :-)

I am running Mma 3.0.1 for Windows on a pentium 60 Mhz system with diamond
stealth graphics 2200 accelerator card.

thanks
Ian Humphrey <I.Humphrey at sct.gu.edu.au>