Display Error in 3.0.1 - HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg9121] Display Error in 3.0.1 - HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!
- From: I.Humphrey at sct.gu.edu.au (Ian Humphrey)
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 23:33:32 -0400
- Organization: Griffith University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, A frequent problem I have had with 3.0.1 is a formatting error when re-opening a file. It will complain that the line length is too long, and display a small fraction of each cell. After some initial panic and cursing, I realised that the information still apparently exists in the file, but that mathematica is unable to show it, in spite of the fact that it displayed perfectly normally when last saved. Those files affected are more "word processing" documents than active documents, and have involved working at 125 to 150% magnification and formatting equations large enough to be easily seen, with alt-3 alt-4 etc. Can anyone tell me how to fix the file so that Mma can display the contents? I will be eternally grateful to whoever can help me! :-) I am running Mma 3.0.1 for Windows on a pentium 60 Mhz system with diamond stealth graphics 2200 accelerator card. thanks Ian Humphrey <I.Humphrey at sct.gu.edu.au>