Re: Help - Mathematica bombs out on loading <<Calculus`LaplaceTransform`

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9223] Re: Help - Mathematica bombs out on loading <<Calculus`LaplaceTransform`
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 01:00:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Michael Chang wrote:

> I've been having problems running Mathematica 3.0.1 on Win95.  I am
> trying to load in <<Calculus`LaplaceTransform` near the end of my
> notebook.  Executing MaxMemoryUsed just before this
> <<Calculus`LaplaceTransform` statement yields <4MB.  I have 64MB RAM,
> and am only running Win95.
>
> When I try loading in this package, Mathematica complains of
>
> Out of Memory.  Exiting.
>
> This happens even if I give a 400MB disk swap space!  Sometimes, it even
> says:
>
> Mathematica could not establish a connection to the kernel. Kernel:
> (null)
> Low-level MathLink error: The other side closed the link, you may still
> get undelivered data.

> to affect when I get the error in my notebook, and not *if* I get this
> error.  As well, my Win95 resource manager says that I still have >30%
> memory left!
>
> Has anyone else encountered this?  I've contacted Mathematica support,
> but haven't found an answer yet.
>
> I'd appreciate any and all help!

You may need to get a new Mathematica kernel loader (MathKernel.exe).
See the information at URL:

 http://www.wolfram.com/support/Systems/Windows/OutOfMemory.html

for more details.

I'm not sure what may be causing the low level MathLink error message,
it may be an unrelated problem.  If the problem persists with the new
kernel loader, send your query to support at wolfram.com again, this time
with a bare-bones minimal example that causes the problematic
behavior.  Be sure to include your license number with you
correspondence.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram