Line Breaking/Word Wrapping in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg9319] Line Breaking/Word Wrapping in Mathematica?
- From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 02:47:35 -0500
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a notebook with LineBreak at the PaperWidth set in all cells and styles. There's an input cell with short-expression // Together which is substantially narrower than the paper width, and which does not break. Just below it is another input cell which absolutely insists on formatting as follows long-expression-which-automatically-breaks-near-the- page-width-like-this // Together That is, the "Together" absolutely insists on dropping to the next line, even though there is *plenty* of room for it on the second line. Looks lousy, makes the page unnecessarily longer. There's no linefeed lurking before the Together; but nothing I can do can make it stay up on the preceeding line. I'd give some significant portion of my anatomy to know why.