Line Breaking/Word Wrapping in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg9319] Line Breaking/Word Wrapping in Mathematica?
  • From: siegman at (AES)
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 02:47:35 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a notebook with LineBreak at the PaperWidth set in all cells and

There's an input cell with

   short-expression // Together

which is substantially narrower than the paper width, and which does not

Just below it is another input cell which absolutely insists on
formatting as follows

       page-width-like-this //

That is, the "Together" absolutely insists on dropping to the next line,
even though there is *plenty* of room for it on the second line. Looks
lousy, makes the page unnecessarily longer.

There's no linefeed lurking before the Together; but nothing I can do
can make it stay up on the preceeding line.  I'd give some significant
portion of my anatomy to know why.