Q - image processing / reading TIFF/JPEG files?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8708] Q - image processing / reading TIFF/JPEG files?
- From: bestor at cs.wisc.edu
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 02:47:49 -0400
- Organization: University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Does anyone have information about what packages are available for doing basic image processing using MMa? I have checked MathSource and there doesn't seem to be anything there. In a similar vein, what packages other than ReadTIFFpackage can read in graphics files into MMa (eg into a 2D list)? The problem with ReadTIFFpackage is that is requires FastBinaryFiles which I cannot get to compile on my NEXTSTEP box. Alternatively, has somebody out there got FastBinaryFiles to work under NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP? TIFF would ideal, but any common graphics format would be OK. Thanks in advance, - Gareth --- Gareth Bestor bestor at cs.wisc.edu Computer Sciences Department http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~bestor University of Wisconsin-Madison