Help! How can I control the size of individual point?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8712] Help! How can I control the size of individual point?
  • From: Sanghoon Lee <hoon at kira.cc.uakron.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 02:47:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I have a data file that has coordinates of 3 dimensional spheres and their
radii.

x1 y1 z1 r1                r1       x1 y1 z1
x2 y2 z2 r2                r2       x2 y2 z2
x3 y3 z3 r3        or      r3  and  x3 y3 z3
..                        ...      ...
xi yi zi ri                ri       xi yi zi
..                        ...      ...

Total number of data points were about 4,000.

Can anyone teach me how to draw these spheres in the 3 dimensional space?
I tried,

sphere = ReadList["filename", Point[Table[Number,{3}]
Show[Graphics3D[{sphere}]]

but I could not control the size of individual spheres. Maybe I do not
understand the function fully. Please help me!
Thank you.

Sanghoon
hoon at polymer.uakron.edu