Using AlgebraicRules

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8816] Using AlgebraicRules
  • From: Welsh Justin <Justin at email.dfi.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 00:33:40 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm using Mathmatica's AlgebraicRules to define an extensive set of
transformation rules and variables.  I'm then applying this set of rules to
various expressions.  I then want to apply the same set of transformation
rules to a different set of expressions at a later time.  Running
AlgebraicRules[eqns, vars] to set up the transformation rules takes a lot of
time because of the large number of transformation rules.  Right now I'm
having to run AlgebraicRules every time I begin a Mathematica session.

Is there a way to either save the set of transformation rules so that I can
apply them to new expressions later without rerunning AlgebraicRules or are
there tricks to setting up AlgebraicRules so that it runs faster?
 Thanks--Justin