1) Line in Log plots 2) Directories with the MacOS
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8810] 1) Line in Log plots 2) Directories with the MacOS
- From: "decker, mark" <ORmad at orntsrv103.micro.lucent.com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 00:33:36 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello Mathematica People (and Sean!)
1) I'm wondering if there is any way to incorporate error bars in
LogListPlots ? I have successfully plotted error points (one above and
below) but have run into difficulty connecting the points (forming an
"error bar") in a LogPlot. One can see why, since lines are not
straight in LogPlots (but mine would be since they only run vertically).
I would rather not construct the line out of series of points (due to
plotting time). I have also considered just plotting dashed error bands
above and below the data, but would really like the standard error bars.
I do realize that the error bars will be (and should be) funky because
of the weight of the Log Axes.
2) I am having problems with SetDirectory on my PowerMac. I would
like to access another HD partition for retrieving my data. I can't
seem to work in anything besides the "Mathematica 3.0 Files" directory.
And also have no idea how to show mathematica the way to a completely
different partition. (much like swathing from C: to D: in the DOS
Glad to be here and thanks for your help.
Mark A. Decker
ormad at micro.lucent.com
Prev by Date:
Re: Printing Problems with MMA 3.0
Next by Date:
Re: plotting with mathematica
Previous by thread:
Q: Interval representations + rounding modes
Next by thread:
Re: 1) Line in Log plots 2) Directories with the MacOS