Re: 1) Line[] in Log plots 2) Directories with the MacOS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8840] Re: [mg8810] 1) Line[] in Log plots 2) Directories with the MacOS
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 02:40:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

decker, mark wrote:

> Hello Mathematica People (and Sean!)
>
> 1) I'm wondering if there is any way to incorporate error bars in
> LogListPlots ?  I have successfully plotted error points (one above and
> below) but have run into difficulty connecting the points (forming an
> "error bar") in a LogPlot.   One can see why, since lines are not
> straight in LogPlots (but mine would be since they only run vertically).
>  I would rather not construct the line out of series of points (due to
> plotting time).  I have also considered just plotting dashed error bands
> above and below the data, but would really like the standard error bars.
>   I do realize that the error bars will be (and should be) funky because
> of the weight of the Log Axes.

Hi Mark,
The most convenient way I can think of involves dumping LogListPlot and
using MultipleListPlot(in Graphics`MultipleListPlot`) which would graph
the modified data Transpose[{data[[1]],Log[data[[2]]]}] and on which you
could specify the error bars.

The second way would be to use the Show command to combine a LogListPlot
without error bars with graphics primitive commands like Line and Point
to generate your own error bars.