- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8502] fractional derivative
- From: jaime at p.mtr.civil.saitama-u.ac.jp (Jaime Y. Hernandez Jr.)
- Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 02:19:45 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear Mathgroup members,
I am developing a macroscopic model of a device and I'm using fractional
derivatives, i.e. the order of the derivative is a fraction between 0 and
1. I went through the mathematica manual but could not find any reference
to it. If you have any suggestions on how to solve such equations using
mathematica I'd be very grateful.
In conjunction with this problem, I tried to solve for the Inverse Laplace
Transform of a function with the independent variable "s" raised to a
fraction between 0 and 1. Mathematica simply returned what I inputed.
Again, if you have any suggestions...
Thanks a lot.
Prev by Date:
Re: lists of pairs
Next by Date:
Re: importing images
Previous by thread:
Re: laplace transform
Next by thread:
Re: fractional derivative