B.C.'s in NDSolve for non-linear ODE's
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8564] B.C.'s in NDSolve for non-linear ODE's
- From: Carlos Marques <marques at phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
- Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 23:16:27 -0400
- Organization: Princeton University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, the NDSolve package in Mathematica 3.0 is a good improvement over past RungeKutta routines and similar stuff. One can now use boundary conditions at different points for linear ODE's (say y''[x]== y[x] with y==1 and y== 0.5) or non-linear ODE's (say y''[x]= - 2 y[x] (1-y[x]^2) ) with B.C.'s at the SAME point, BUT NOT non-linear ODE's with B.C.'s at different points. As far as I can tell the guys from Wolfram really decided to stop their efforts one head short from completing what could be a really nice package. Is there anyone frustrated enough with the situation to have implemented a patch that improves NDSolve ?