PrograMMMing challenge

It's been a while since I've seen a programming puzzle in this group.
Of course, I could have missed any number of them.

Here is one.  Given a parameterized curve in the plane--- the x and y
coordinates are each functions of a parameter--- reparameterize the
curve by arc length.  My approach was really quite interesting, and
other people will likely have even more interesting ideas.

Will Self
Montana