Re: Macintosh Mathematica Interface

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11904] Re: Macintosh Mathematica Interface
  • From: sb.nospam@stonesoft.com (Stonewall Ballard)
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 00:33:06 -0400

In article <6g280a$1d8@smc.vnet.net>, "D. Wright"
<ichbin@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> So... how to I get back my beloved XWindows-style behavior on my Mac?
> Has anyone managed to set this up?  It seems to me not in principle
> impossible, since the graphics rendering on Mathematica for the Mac is
> already not being done by the notebook application directly, but by the
> psrender application running in the background.  Any ideas?

I haven't tried this, but I bet Conix GLExplorer will work this way. It
opens separate windows for each graphic, and can be set as the default
renderer. The only drawback I've found is that it doesn't handle
postscript, so a few things, like arrowheads, don't work as you might
expect.

See <http://www.conix3d.com/>.

  - Stoney

--
Stonewall Ballard                    StoneSoft, Inc.
sb.nospam@stonesoft.com    http://www.stonesoft.com/