Re: How can I run Mathematica 2.1E on a PowerMac?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [mg11901] Re: How can I run Mathematica 2.1E on a PowerMac?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 00:33:04 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 3 Apr 1998, antonico genzen wrote: > I've an old version 2.1 enhanced of mathematica and i'm not able to use > it on my new PowerMacintosh5500 with Mac OS8. I tryed also with > SoftwareFPU. See the Technical Support FAQ: http://www.wolfram.com/support/2.2/Systems/Macintosh/PowerMacCompatibility/ Your version of Mathematica is incapable of running on your Macintosh. One of the necessary steps for getting 68K versions of Mathematica to run on PowerPC machines was the disabling of the Modern Memory Manager. With the release of MacOS System 7.6, this switch for doing this was removed. You will need to upgrade your software. :-( -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group email@example.com Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/ Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.