*June
*July
*August
*September
*October
*November
*December

? How to specify header offset?

I have files each of which are combined ASCII and binary (from a
scanning probe microscope) and would like to read in only the binary
data for analysis in Mathematica. I know that the ASCII header info is
8192 characters: what is the function(s) that would be equivalent of
SetCharPos in Igor, or the equivalent of moving the file pointer to
that character??

TIA.