*June
*July
*August
*September
*October
*November
*December

Sqrt problem - restated

That square root problem was a mis-statement on my part, but thank you
to everyone who helped. The problem I am having is something like how
do I get "2" out of this:

    Sqrt[a - b] Sqrt[a + b]
               2    2
         Sqrt[a  - b ]

I'm starting to understand why Mathematica doesn't deal with this
because of the multiple value of square root, but if I know everything
under the square roots are positive, can I reduce this to 2 somehow
without substitution? (substitution would be prohibitively tedious in
my case)

Thanks for any help

        Paul Reiser