- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [mg12115] gigaNumerics?
- From: "Dr Paul E Howland" <PEHowland@dera.gov.uk>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 01:46:03 -0400
- Organization: Defence Evaluation & Research Agency
I've just received Wolfram's electronic newsletter, Mathwire, which announces something called "gigaNumerics", which allegedly makes Mathematica efficient for handling giga sized datasets. Does anyone from Wolfram wish to elaborate on this enticing tidbit? What is gigaNumerics? Will form part of the Mathematica kernel, or is it some bolt-on package? What kind of functionality will it have? Paul Dr P E Howland Sensors & Processing Sector DERA Malvern tel. +44-(0)1684-895767 The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer and do not represent the views, policy, or understanding of any other person or official body.