PS and EPS on Display

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13617] PS and EPS on Display
  • From: Massimiliano Bonamente <bonamem at email.uah.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 03:08:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
I have the following problem(s) saving graphics with Display. 1. I have
some graphics made with a Plot or a Show command, and the labels on
the y axis are displayed properly, but when I save it with Display onto
an eps f
file, the file shows ( as seen with GSView) the labels on the y (
vertical) axis upside-down, I mean instead of running from bottom to
top, from top to bottom; moreover, if the labels of the y axis contains
more sophisticated text ( e.g. with Subscripted or ColumnForm) , the
label in the .eps file is completely messed up.  2. Saving with the
"PSImage" option, everything is fine as far as the shape is concerned,
but the .ps file is huge ( a lot of MBytes). What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help you can give me,

Max Bonamente
bonamem at email.uah.edu