Mathematica dies with bus error---known bug?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13625] Mathematica dies with bus error---known bug?
- From: gwesp at cosy.sbg.ac.at (Gerhard Wesp)
- Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 03:08:26 -0400
- Organization: Dept. of Computer Science, U. of Salzburg
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
is the following a known bug? is there a database of known Mathematica
bugs somewhere on the net?
mammut ~% uname -srvmpi
SunOS 5.5.1 Generic_103640-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2 mammut ~% math
Mathematica 3.0 for Solaris
Copyright 1988-97 Wolfram Research, Inc.
-- Motif graphics initialized --
Out= Solaris 3.0 (July 24, 1997)
In:= ^Cmotifps: MathLink error-> 1:link died motifps: Unclearable
MathLink error, exiting. Bus error
at In, i waited for motifps to display its window and then pressed
the problem does not appear on linux systems (same Mathematica version).
| Gerhard Wesp | ++43 (0)662 8044 5320 (office) | ++43 (0)662 630329
(home) | http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~gwesp
| Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. | -- Batman costume
warning label, Wal-Mart, 1995.
Prev by Date:
Re: What is the fastest machine for Mathematica?
Next by Date:
Can't take a value from an InterpolatingFunction.
Previous by thread:
PS and EPS on Display
Next by thread:
Re: Mathematica dies with bus error---known bug?