Re: Mathematica lock-up when comsuming Win95 system resources

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13649] Re: [mg13619] Mathematica lock-up when comsuming Win95 system resources
  • From: Carl Woll <carlw at fermi.phys.washington.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:11:33 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

One idea that might help, which was posted recently by Luc Barthelet, is
to add a post processing function, as in:

reallyBig[x_] := If[ByteCount[x]>200000,"Too Large",x]; $Post =
reallyBig

As far as the inability to abort, have you tried quitting the kernel,
with the menu command

Kernel | Quit Kernel

In my experience, even if aborting doesn't work, quitting the kernel
always does work.

Carl Woll
Dept of Physics
U of Washington