Solve Equations over Finite Group
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13662] Solve Equations over Finite Group
- From: Alexander Craig Russell <acr at cs.utexas.edu>
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:19:29 -0500
- Organization: University of Texas at Austin
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Is anyone familiar with a mathematica package which allows one to solve
equations over a finite group? Given
(1 2 3) x (1 2 3)^(-1) x^(-1) = (1 3 2)
(in S_3, say) I would like the package to respond with x = (1 2).
For general groups (described as subgroups of S_n) I would like the
same. Do such things exist?
UT Dept. of Computer Sci.
Prev by Date:
Re: operator overloading with UpValues (eg, for shifting graphics)
Next by Date:
High precision numbers and Plot ?
Previous by thread:
Re: Mathematica and Win98?
Next by thread:
Re: Solve Equations over Finite Group