- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13747] Quadric
- From: MAvalosJr at aol.com
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 01:38:35 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The parametric equations for polynomial,e.g.,4 x^2 + y^2 - 8 x + 4 y -8
gives me an ellipse which doesn't match the ImplicitPlot of the
original polynomial. (??)
My eigenvalues are (4,1) and the eigenvectors are (1,0) and (0,1). My
parametric equations are Sqrt Cos[t] and 2 Sqrt Sin[t]. With
equation for ellipse with a mixed term,e.g., 3 x^2 -4 x y + 2 y^2-4,
there is no problem.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
MAvalosjr at aol.com
Prev by Date:
Importing CSV (comma separated values) files?
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Importing CSV (comma separated values) files?
Next by thread: