Null in output problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13730] Null in output problem
  • From: "Tom Goetze" <TomG at ultimatetech.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 01:38:21 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm writing a package and one of the functions I define in it outputs
'2 Null'
when called.

this seems like a very strange output.  Of course, I seem to be able to
run the exact same commands not in the package in several pieces and
get a result (which is not '2 Null'). So that is also rather
bothersome.

Anybody have any suggestions as to why '2 Null' would be the output of a
Sum call? Sum is the last piece of the Module that is being called.

I would like to post some of the code, but it is rather long and messy.
Of course, I will try to get it to do the same thing with a smaller
more trivial piece of code, but I thought someone might have some good
input on Null in output before I got to that stage.

Thanks for any input,

Tom Goetze