Replacement rules in NonCommutative Algebra Package
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13748] Replacement rules in NonCommutative Algebra Package
- From: Nam-Anh Nguyen <anh at chm.ulaval.ca>
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 01:38:35 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've been using NonCommutative Algebra package for alsmost one year and
well aware of the fact that the Mathematica replacement operator /. ->
does not work appropriately within this package. Instead I must use the
Substitute command of this NCAlgebra package.
However I've impression that this command does not allow one to work
with replacement rules that contain conditions
For instance, after loading the package I enter
and the result is
which is correct
which is not correct. (It should give the original expression, i.e.
x**a**b, as the condition fails)
Is that a bug??
Thank you for your help
Prev by Date:
Re: .nb and .m MIME types?
Next by Date:
Re: Running 3.0 remotely
Previous by thread:
Re: Null in output problem
Next by thread: