Re: Animations on mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13832] Re: Animations on mathematica
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:41:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 28 Aug 1998, magic on line wrote:

> I ask you good fellows some help,
>
> i've done some graphics, with the instruction
>
> ParametricPlot, with two circles on the same time on the graph,
>
> i've done four graphics of the sort, but when i do ShowAnimation
> [%,%,%,%] or by naming my equations, nothing happens.
>
> Thank you for answering me, here or at cmannu at eternite.com

It would be helpful if you would give us some information on what
version of Mathematica you are using as well as the type of interface
you are using.  Some of the material described below is available only
on version 3.0.

The ShowAnimation[] command is intended for users who are working with
the Unix shell interface to the kernel and are using the Motif graphics
.  It doesn't have any value for a user who is working with the
notebook front end.

The way to animate graphics in a notebook is to select the cells which
are to appear in the animation and then click on the front end menu
command sequence:

		Cell -> Animate Selected Graphics

It is possible to use notebook manipulation commands to manipulate
notebook selection to include the desired graphics cells
(SelectionMove[] or NotebookLocate[]) and then initiate the animation
(SelectionAnimate[]).

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram