Bug with ComplexExpand on PolyGamma?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15148] Bug with ComplexExpand on PolyGamma?
- From: Dirk Reiss <reiss at wserver.physnet.uni-hamburg.de>
- Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 03:11:22 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hallo, when I apply In:= ComplexExpand[Im[PolyGamma[a + I b]]] I get the result: Out= 0 which is obviously not true. E.g. In:= ComplexExpand[Im[PolyGamma[1 + I 3]]] //N gives Out= 1.40413 is this a bug? Greetings Dirk Reiss Institut fuer Laser-Physik Universitaet Hamburg