Re: an spanish student...

  • To:
  • Subject: [mg10791] Re: an spanish student...
  • From: Paul Abbott <>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 00:58:35 -0500

Diego Polo wrote:
> I'm Juan Diego Polo, an engineering student. I'm studing aberrated waves
> in atmospheric medium, adaptive optics, and I'd like knowing to work
> with Zernike polynomials with Mathematica. I'm interested in simulating
> aberrated waves, and I need a powerful sofware like the MATHEMATICA.
> I've been using Mathematica for one year, but I've not found any
> information about Zernike Polynomials with Mathematica. I'd like you
> help me sending information about where can I adress. It's really
> important to me.

As I recall, at the 1997 IMS conference

in the paper

	Mathematical simulation of a flexible-lens-based imaging system

A. Widl implemented Zernike polynomials in Mathematica.  You might want
to chase up the Proceedings of IMS '97.  I've also Cc:d this to Veikko
Keränen the head of the IMS organising committee.

The University of Western Australia
Nedlands WA  6907

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player