Re: saving styles from notebooks: help, please!

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11016] Re: saving styles from notebooks: help, please!
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul@physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:15:22 -0500

P.J. Hinton wrote:

> $TopDirectory and $PreferencesDirectory may be determined by pasting
> value display objects in a notebook text cell:

Why not just paste $TopDirectory or $PreferencesDirectory into an Input
cell and evaluate it?  On my Macintosh I get

In[1]:= $TopDirectory
Out[1]= Tigger:Applications:Mathematica 3.0.1 In[2]:=
$PreferencesDirectory
Out[2]= Tigger:System:Preferences:Mathematica:3.0

which is equivalent to the information via Create Value Display Object.

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907
mailto:paul@physics.uwa.edu.au  AUSTRALIA
http://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/~paul

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player