Re: Getting a bitmap to display with the proper dimensions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13106] Re: [mg13071] Getting a bitmap to display with the proper dimensions
  • From: Andrew Watson <abwatson at mail.arc.nasa.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 03:44:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>If I have a RasterArray an I want to display it such as to get a one to
>one mapping of my elements to the pixels in the notebook.
>
>here is an example that works:
>
>Show[Graphics[RasterArray[Table[GrayLevel[Mod[i+j,2]],{i,50},{j,40}]]],
>  AspectRatio->Automatic,ImageSize->{40+3,50+9}]
>
>as you see I had to add 3 and 9. those numbers are working for 40 and 50
>as the dimensions. in practice I have to do trial and error to figure
>what they need to be.It changes with a lot of options.For example add
>Axes->True and try to get a one to one mapping again.
>
>Is there an option or a formula that could make this an easier process?
>
>thanks.

I had exactly the same problem. After some correspondence with Wolfram,
they acknowledged the existence of a problem, but, in their words:
"Unfortunately, I can offer no workarounds in Mathematica for this
problem."

I will send you copies of the relevant correspondence.

Andrew B. Watson
MS 262-2
NASA Ames Research Center
Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000