"UnFullForm"ing an Expression?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13151] "UnFullForm"ing an Expression?
- From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:42:03 -0400
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I recently posted a query noting that if you enter the following
f1[a_,x_] :=a Cos[x] + a^2 Sin[x]
f2[a_,x_] := D[f1[a,x],x]
you can make a Table[ ] of f1[a,x] but not of f2[a,x].
If I look at the FullForms for these, e.g.
f1[a,x] // FullForm
f2[a,x] // FullForm
they both look like simple functions to me (i.e., f2[a,x] shows no
visible memory of having originated from a derivative), except the f2
is inside a "FullForm[ ]" wrapper and f1 isn't.
Is there a way to "UnFillForm" f2 ? If so, would f2 from then on act
like f1 ? Does this query make any sense?
I'd like to understand the situation here.
Thanks siegman at ee.stanford.edu
Prev by Date:
Re: 3D table plot Pbs
Next by Date:
a system of equations and Solve[ ]
Previous by thread:
Win95 to Win98 issues
Next by thread:
Re: "UnFullForm"ing an Expression?