MathLink with PowerPlant

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13375] MathLink with PowerPlant
  • From: sato <sato at het02.ph.tsukuba.ac.jp>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 02:50:31 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello, world.

I wrote a MathLink application using PowerPlant on Macintosh.
PowerPlant is a C++ framework by Metrowerks CodeWarrior.  But the
compiler reports link errors about four MathLink functions,
MLClearError, MLError, MLSetYieldFunction, and MLSetMessageHandler.
When I tried a minimal example, which opens just a link by MLOpenArgv
etc,
without above functions, there was no problem. However, calling
MLSetMessageHandler etc cannot make an application.  It seems that
'mathlink.h' or 'MathLinkStubs' doesn't fit into PowerPlant.
This link-error is only problem about my project. Do you have any
solution?
PowerPlant is in common use for most of today's Macintosh developer even
if
Mathematica isn't written with it.
Please let us come into MathLink world with PowerPlant by solving just a
link error.

Thank you.
7/19/98
Junzo Sato