Re: How to get PostScript file in text mode.

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg12710] Re: How to get PostScript file in text mode.
  • From: Jacek Pliszka <pliszka at>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 02:21:01 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at
On 2 Jun 1998, P.J. Hinton wrote:

Thanks, it works.
> |> Also how to combine two plots when I am running in a text mode?
> I believe the method for doing this is the same as when you're dealing
> with the notebook front end.  Any graphics generating command returns
> an object of some sort after evaluation that you can use for future
> reference.  Here is a simple example that demonstrates the behavior:

Yes it works. Previously I had no way to check since I didn't know how
to output to file. I only get a lot of messages like:

   Argument LinkObject[motifps -mathlink -linkmode ParentConnect, 1, 1]
    LinkWrite[<<2>>] is not an open LinkObject.

Does anybody know how to get rid of them?

Jacek Pliszka

Tmp: pliszka at  Perm: pliszka at